Twitter / thesydneylife

Friday, March 19, 2010

These lights will inspire you...

Ok so let's not talk about how long it has been since I blogged.

Alot has changed in the last, well...year. Alot has stayed the same.

I can honestly say that in the last, maybe 3 weeks - I have started living my professional dream. Next week I am going to start living my personal dream.

Right now? I am sitting at home, drowning out the sound of the drunk slappers next door talking about how much they 'appreciate' each other and how men don't love them etc etc. Yeah, well welcome to the real world ladies.

I know what you would all love to hear - what celebrities have I met? Well most recently there was Adam Lambert - he was a real sweet heart. Wears a stack of make up and all I could think of while he looked me up and down and tried to decide if I was straight or gay (long story) was how LONG must it take him to get ready in the morning? Seriously, from the hair to the make-up and the outfit, I am thinking hours...

I also FINALLY made it to New York. It has been such a life aim of mine to get there. As my trip was unbelievably phenomenal (and I will reference to it for many blogs to come) how about I make a list of my favourite moments? Ok here we go -


1. 5th Avenue. Say no more.


2. Seeing Mr. Big in Starbucks. I shit you not.


3. Having numerous moments where I stopped, realised I was in NYC and smiled to myself.


4. Seeing the Lion King on Broadway. Spectacular.


5. Bumping into one of my best mates on the Sex & the City Tour. I shit you not. Again.


6. Walking past the Conde Nast building


7. NYE in NYC


8. Walking around at 7am and taking this picture




I honestly had the most amazing time of my life and often sit at my desk and wish I was back there. One day.

On a sadder note, my Nanna passed away earlier this year. I don't know if I have ever cried so much over losing a loved one. Whilst she was a funny old thing and had her moments in her old age - I loved her and now she's gone. It really made me think of my own mortality and what it will be like to die one day. I've decided I don't want to. I simply refuse to think about it and will live more in the 'now' if that is even possible. To celebrate, I went and purchased a new wide screen TV on my credit card - living in the now and paying in the later.

On a professional note - I now am a fashion critic for the radio station I work at. Such an amazing opportunity. I really do have a deep love for fashion and had the unbelievable pleasure of bringing back many gorgeous pieces of clothing from New York *cue Burberry/Versace/Armani/D&G/Louis Vuitton imagery* and enjoy judging (let's face it - a job I was BORN to do) the celebrities of the world on what they wear and what they should have simply left on their bedroom floor. If you would like to check it out - I would love it if you would and let me know what you think - you can, here.

Aswell as that, I am also doing a daily gossip report on the same radio station - I know! Me? Gossip? *gasp*!! This is something I really do feel VERY lucky that I am in the position to do and I am trying very hard to do my best at. All though, on reflection of my first week I think I need think less and enjoy more. Just a thought. If you live in Sydney and want to hear my 'Dirt Reports' tune in the 104.1 2Day FM at around 11:30am and 12:30pm. If you live in another country - you can stream live here (just click on the Listen Live Now link on the top right hand side).

Ok, I think that's enough for now.

Before I go, do you ever feel like you are on the verge of something amazing?

I do and can't wait.

10 comments:

Kez said...

Wow!!!! I'm so happy for the place you're at right now!!! Thanks for coming back to blog about it - missed you!!

NO FAIR! I WANT TO GO TO NYC! I WANT TO SEE MR BIG IN STARBUCKS!!!!

Congratulations on your work achievements! SO exciting!!!
:)

Anonymous said...

When your stomach is crying out for food, it's all you're going to have the
ability to take into consideration so by having the urge for food
suppressant there that can assist you treatment this, it is possible
for you to to turn your focus and focus back to other
areas of your life your profession, your training, and your relationships.
These are of course not healthy, but will result in dramatic weight loss, and are seldom fatal.
Next to shedding weight, here are additional effects essential to
Phen375 fat burner like effectiveness of product, general safety and many
more.
My website - fat loss

Anonymous said...

Hi there to every one, it's actually a fastidious for me to pay a visit this website, it consists of useful Information.

Here is my weblog; loss weight pills

Anonymous said...

You should check with your doctor and have your iron levels
tested. Both men and women can suffer from hair loss. Then, strain the herbs
and use it daily to see results.

Also visit my web site: cause hair loss

Anonymous said...

check ehHKVJJb [URL=http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/]gucci outlet online[/URL] for promotion code pcJvVFPU [URL=http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/ ] http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

must check lQvokStY [URL=http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/]gucci handbag outlet[/URL] for promotion code oEkUvlcA [URL=http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/ ] http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

click to view ZZeMsUBt [URL=http://www.aaareplicahandbags.weebly.com/]aaa replica[/URL] for gift RTmQoXsF [URL=http://www.aaareplicahandbags.weebly.com/ ] http://www.aaareplicahandbags.weebly.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

must look at this lMRhIckq [URL=http://www.aaareplicahandbags.weebly.com/ - 7 star handbags[/URL - to get new coupon IMXKorsT [URL=http://www.aaareplicahandbags.weebly.com/ - http://www.aaareplicahandbags.weebly.com/ [/URL -

Anonymous said...

If уou are ѕerious about getting Merаtol to lose some weight to have your
sexу look, then you can cheсk on the onlinе stoгes.
No doubt this аlso has numerous other health benefits
such as a lowering of your LDL сholeѕterol.

Your appetitе is suppressеd by the cactus extraсt, broωn seaweeԁ
extract lessen your craving for food, ρricκly pear
increases body''.

Αlso visit my web-sіte: meratol Ingredients

Anonymous said...

たくさん女性の嫌です、それが秘密概念化投稿どこ彼らは簡単にすることができますその出来映えエンターテイメントアーティファクトあなたとしても、使用、無料版このようなサービス、あなた得ることはありませんまともな呼び出し優れた、本当に繁体頻繁に切断を経験します

Feel free to visit my website: ヴィトン エピ

 

Visit Twenty Something Bloggers